Teamwork: who makes the project’s discovery phase happen?
Given how crucial this stage is for guaranteeing alignment with the goals and vision of the final product, that’s not something a tech-savvy individual can do without third-party assistance. Data collection and analysis are two cores of the discovery process and require in-depth knowledge to design and construct an IT product tailored to your business goals, audience interests, and so on.
The composition of the staff to fulfill discovery phase tasks varies, depending on the project type, scope of work, business model, and other parameters. Before setting a problem to solve by creating a custom mobile application, software, or website, take your time to ensure you have enough human resources to assign all the responsibilities for a successful project’s completion — from market research to MVP development.
Ideal discovery team for your business
In the best-case scenario, the process involves the expertise of such team members as:
- Business analysts — the main reason why large teams can remain on the same page since they organize documents and files to pursue the project’s primary objectives.
- Mobile leads — they ensure the product's high-profile features are well-thought-out and tailored to the agile delivery methodology.
- UI/UX design specialists — market and consumer research here results in a customer-oriented and data-driven interface of the minimum viable product and its future full-service version. These specialists prepare the UI kit and help define the project’s sufficient deadlines.
- SRE specialists — they will provide an out-of-the-team perspective of all the discovery phase processes, ensuring robust communication between departments. By sharing accountability for applications and software in production, they increase the overall reliability of the product.
- DevOps specialists — aside from locating and correcting technical errors, these professionals also help designers and engineers provide the right functions and integrations to cater to customers’ expectations.
- QA engineers — they are responsible for creating a test strategy for the final product — everything to ensure any potential imperfections are detected and fixed early.
- Project managers — if you want to unite different tasks and responsibilities under the same roof, that’s the task for project managers. These experts consider the expertise of individual members of the team and take the most out of their strengths.
With the help of a professional MVP development company, interested parties can skip a recruiting stage and get a ready-made solution — no need to work on creating a discovery team from scratch. Thanks to this format of outsourcing, it is possible to qualitatively allocate resources to your in-house employees and avoid doubling their load.
Choosing a third-party discovery team
Finding a business that can carry out an IT product development project meticulously and competently pays off when its representatives take into account even the smallest details of a future software solution. That’s why a harmony between technical know-how and creative management tactics matters:
- Creating an efficient and reliable product depends on how straightforward you are in conveying your ideas. Third-party professionals won’t be able to read your mind — several negotiations will take place. Overall, a typical discovery phase duration is not less than a month.
- Consider the target service provider’s tool stack. Although novice users treat this phase as a theory-based one, it is quite the contrary. Without the right technologies and tools, it will be challenging to define what options will lead to cost-efficient performance strategies. Besides, any estimates have to be precise — the outcome will be more accurate if the team involved coordinates the project-related processes from scratch to hatch.
- During the negotiations, check whether the target company is passionate and enthusiastic about contributing to the project’s success. Feel free to request a portfolio of their works to see whether their expertise can be tailored to your vision and needs.